Sleeps 6 | 3 Bedrooms | 2 Bathrooms | No Pets | No Smoking
Mentone, AL Lodging
In northeastern Alabama, the Little River snakes across the top of Lookout Mountain before plummeting into the 12-mile-long Little River Canyon. Bordered by broad-faced cliffs, with large blocks of sandstone jutting from the water, this canyonat 600 feet, the deepest this side of the Mississippi, is home to a handful of perfect swimming holes. Just downstream from the Alabama Highway 35 bridge, follow the short-paved path to the bottom of Little River Falls for an easy-access dunk when water levels are low(high water means dangerous currents). Or start at Eberhart Point and hike 0.75 miles to the canyon floor to Hippy Hole, where rope swings dangle from trees and a series of cliffs serve as springboards for daredevils.
Deer Run is a spacious cabin with the perfect combination of cozy retreat and modern comforts of home. Walk to Little River Canyon National Preserve to enjoy hiking, beautiful canyon scenery and waterfalls. If guests are wanting to relax at the cabin, enjoy the hot tub, roast marshmallows in the outdoor fire pit, grill or read a good book. This cabin is located in a quiet, family-oriented community. Please be respectful of other Mentone cabins rentals in the area. Please keep all noises down after 9:00 PM due to sounds traveling in the Canyon.
- Two bedrooms include a King bed and third bedroom includes two Twin beds
- First bathroom is located on the main level and the second bathroom on second floor
- Hot tub located on the deck for five guests
- Charcoal grill
- Outdoor firepit
- Fully equipped kitchen including a stove, microwave, dishwasher, refrigerator, dishes and flatware for eight
- Heat and air conditioning
- TV featuring DISH Satellite’s 200+ channels
- iPod Alarm Clock
- Maximum capacity is six guests
- CABIN IS NOT PET FRIENDLY.
- SLEEPER SOFA IS NON-WORKABLE. CHARGES WILL BE INCURRED IF SOFA IS OPENED AND IT IS NOT ABLE TO BE RETURNED TO THE CLOSED POSITION.
During the month of October all rental nights are Holiday/Weekend rate pricing. No discounts of any kind except for return guest or extended stay of five nights or more.
Unless otherwise specified, rate is for 4 guests. $15 for each extra guest.
SIX (6) people is max for this cabin. SLEEPER SOFA IS NON WORKABLE!!! CHARGES WILL BE INCURRED IF SOFA IS OPENED AND IT IS NOT ABLE TO BE RETURNED TO THE CLOSED POSITION
2 night minimum.
Check In 4:00 Central Check Out Noon Central Time.
Submit your review
This was a retreat for a few of our church ladies. We were very pleased with the cleanlines of the cabin as well as the beauty of it. The area was peaceful and it provided the perfect patio for our painting class. We would definately recommend to a smal party of 6-8 people because there was plenty of room. Thank you!